1) natural persons;
2) association of co-owners of apartment buildings, managers of apartment buildings, housing and construction (housing) cooperatives that maintain the respective buildings.
The body that makes the decision on compensation:
The commission for consideration of issues regarding the provision of compensation for damaged and destroyed real estate objects as a result of hostilities, terrorist acts, sabotage caused by the military aggression of the russian federation.
Sources of compensation:
- funds for the restoration of property and destroyed infrastructure of Ukraine;
- international financial assistance.
- Fixation of destruction:
- acts on destruction of property, fire, etc. (State Emergency Service, local authorities);
- detailed photo and video recording of real estate before and after the event of destruction/damage;
- information from mass media;
- testimony of witnesses;
- obtaining information on the cost of restoring a damaged real estate object (appraisal report or expert opinion).
Executors – subjects of evaluation activities are forensic experts.
- submitting an application for compensation;
- consideration of the application by the Commission for consideration of issues regarding the provision of compensation;
- provision of compensation by the executive body of the council.
As a result – the person receives compensation that may not cover the real value of the lost/damaged property and loses the opportunity to receive full compensation in other procedures!
The publication was prepared within the framework of the Project “Increasing awareness among self-governing municipalities and citizens on recording the destruction caused by war”, which is implemented by the Ukrainian Association of District and Regional Councils with the support of the “Phoenix” Project, which is implemented by the Eastern Europe Fund at the expense of the European Union.